Wednesday, September 17, 2014

DIY project G Shock color changing..

So i got my RIT dye yesterday and was so excited to do my project on changing the color of my G..
I boiled water and added RIT dye black and mixed it, as soon as it melted I waited for 3 minutes just to make sure that the dye was melted properly..stir gently..


I prepared the pieces that I will be cooking..:) so this is how it looks like before dying process..

I cleaned it a little and made sure that there were no dirt that might fall off after dying it..
So I waited for 30 minutes..when I checked the strap and bezel, it turned out to be blueish purple or purplish blue..so I dipped it again for another 30 minutes and boiled it again..after having it boil just enough for the color to stick to the strap and bezel and to have a more darker color, I dipped it in a hot water with vinegar to set the dye..and dipped it in normal water and then washed it in a running water..

So the result was this..
It was not actually what I expected but it was ok..it turned out to be like a dual color..when dark it turns black and when hit with a light it turns dark purple..more like dark purple..

Under direct light..

Under direct light, wrist shot..

Normal light without flash..

Normal light without flash, wrist shot..

It's so amazing how it changes color depending on the light that it gets..I will name this G "Night Crawler" since it has the same color with that character..
So there you go..my 1st DIY color change project..will be posting for more in the future..I'm looking forward to getting another G and dying it dark green..military style..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment